1% of victories performed daily and flawlessly are the keys to producing gargantuan results. Over long periods of time. You really don't have to make sudden changes or frightening optimizations to raise your game + revolutionize your life.
Instead, just master each day...
...By simply devoting to delivering a few micro-wins that, over time, elevate you to a place called WOW.
A message from Robin Sharma;
I've been thinking a lot about what I need to do more of in my life, what pursuits I need to strip out and what moves I need to make to experience my next level of craft, fire + service.
And with this main aim in mind, I've deconstructed 23 powerful tactics to promote your personal greatness, to feed your inner hero. To fuel the history-maker within.
With great love + respect, I encourage you to make the time right now to read each of the ideas with a thoughtful mindset and an open heartset...
- Don't check emails or your social feeds first thing in the morning. Exploit your most pristine hours for your most valuable projects.
- Create your "victory move". This is a physical pose you do at certain times of the day to kickstart your mental concentration and unleash your physical energy. Doing so often is a strong ritual supported by some very good science.
- Forgive anyone you haven't forgiven. It's a gift you'll give yourself. [Hard to climb a mountain carrying someone on your back].
- Remember that the bigger your dream, the more important your team. You can't get to world-class with a low-performing support circle.
- Read "Peak" by Anders Ericsson.
- Get out into nature at least once a day. Tremendous benefits for your mindset, heartset, healthset + soulset.
- Stop being so hard on yourself. You're human. We each have our gifts, our flaws, our hopes and our fears. You and I are works in progress. Celebrate who you've become. And honour the progress you've made [instead of demanding perfection].
- Plan your week in intimate detail every Sunday morning. This removes the need to make multiple decisions each day [because you now have a beautiful blueprint in place]. And that frees up your focus + energy to dial into the few priorities that are most vital to your A-game.
- Let go of the relationships in your inner-circle that steal your joy. Your highest life depends on this one winning move.
- Travel more. You'll receive your most genius ideas and experience your happiest moments running through the streets of Paris, swimming with the dolphins in Mauritius and watching the sun set over the Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Have good judgment. Yes, I know I'm old-school on this. But I think we're living in a culture of oversharing. People show up in their pyjamas on Instagram, reveal their intimate details on YouTube and have no boundaries on the internet. Go contrarian.
- Breathe more deeply. Regularly. All elite producers do.
- Drink more water. And ginger tea with fresh lemon in it.
- Run my "Daily 5 Ritual". It helped millions of people do amazing things in business + their personal lives. Five small goals done with perfect execution every day makes 150 accomplished goals a month and 1850 in a year. Life changer. Truly.
- Read "What Doesn't Kill Us" by Scott Carney. Fascinating.
- Read "Into The Magic Shop" by James Doty. Moving.
- Get enough sleep. Yes I made The 5 AM Club famous but I've never evangelised sleep deprivation. You absolutely need excellent sleep to perform at otherworldly levels. And to be happy, healthy and strong. [And yes - I'm in year 3 of writing my new book The 5 AM Club. Yikes!]
- Remember that your pain has served your growth. Your setbacks have strengthened your character. And your heart breaks have helped your heroism. [Let resentments go. And trust life has your back].
- Find your Dream Room. This is a place you go where you have zero devices to distract you. Schedule chunks of time in here at least 3x a week. To produce Michelangelo-level work. That wows the world.
[Note: There is much mind-blowing science of transient hypofrontality, the triggering of a brain cell type called oligodendrocytes that happens away from interruption and the related production of myelin that research is now showing is the secret of mastery].
- Run my "2 Massage Protocol". Getting two 90-minute massages a week isn't an expense. It's an investment in your peak mindset, massive levels of daily energy [you can't inspire the world if you're exhausted], battle-proofing against stress + extending your life [a great key to legendary is longevity].
- Respect time. Learning how to leverage your time like a pro is mission-critical to leading an epic life. So many people want gorgeous results but aren't doing the things required to have those rewards. You can't own your game without installing the core mentalities, routines, operating systems and life structures that the best use every day.
- Protect your willpower. One of the most valuable of your performance assets is self-discipline. You can have a brilliant ambition, a sensational mission, exceptional talents and great products. But without the ability to execute on these and translate your grand intentions into daily results, nothing happens. So understand that elite performance without regular recovery leads to depletion.
- Be alone a lot. Solitude is where you get to remember your greatness. World-class performers spend a lot of time alone. Envisioning. Planning. Scripting. Practicing. Studying. Iterating. You should too.
Solitude is where you get to remember your greatness
Hope this post helps you produce some exponential gains in your work and personal life...